Design and construction of a car park and associated access road for the Art Gallery Moore, Qld.
- Stormwater runoff design and implementation
- Topsoil strip & embankment fill
- Import and place basecourse gravel to strengthen and correct shape
- 2 coat bitumen sealing
- Carpark pavement markings to MRTS standard
- Kerb and channel
- Roof water reticulation design and construct
- Remote location where materials were imported
- Maintaining an alternative carpark during reconstruction period
- Minimizing imported fill while still achieving design levels for storm water runoff
Brown Contractors Engineering worked in partnership with designers to address all client requirements. Conforming materials were sourced and imported to achieve design specifications in a timely manner and meet program. All work was undertaken to a strict quality control with numerous hold points to ensure Somerset Council satisfaction.
Hiring locally and retaining most of the project expenditure within the community supported our partnership approach with all project stakeholders. This was regarded highly by the client and proved pivotal in ensuring the project was completed ahead of program.