Anglo American contracted Brown Contractors for the reconstruction of the Dawson Mine entrance road. The project included the stabilisation of 600 m of existing road pavement, top-up overlay and 2 coat seal. The road adjoins the Dawson Highway.
- Road removal and replacement
- Full depth reconstruction and resurfacing layer stabilisation
- Carriageway widening and full overlay over 600 m
- Drainage repairs, kerb, asphalt, 2 coat seal and line-marking
- High traffic volume
- Tight program
- Coordination with heavy mine traffic