In February 2011 Brown Contractors (BC) was appointed by the Maranoa Shire Council to repair/re-construct nominated shire roads.
Winning, loading and hauling gravel material, gravel re-sheeting, pavement re-construction, cement stabilisation, excavation of unsuitable material, bulk earthworks & Heavy formation grading. All works performed in accordance to DTMR specifications and MUTCD guidelines.
- 12 personnel (incl. project engineers, skilled machinery operators & labourers)
- 40 km of HFG
- 8 Km of Gravel re-sheeting
- 8 km of drainage works – to date
Inconsistent ground conditions, water scarcity, satellite communication and accommodation sourcing difficulties. By adhering meticulously to both the Maranoa Regional Council and BC environmental, WHS and QA management systems, BC successfully exceeded client and community expectations. As a result, Maranoa shire council continues to list BC as the preferred road contractor for the region.
- Maximized the use of local labour, supplies and subcontractors adding considerable value back to the local industry/community.
- Worked with local suppliers/subcontractors to ensure they understood the safety, quality and environmental awareness required to achieve and maintain Australian Standards and relevant legislative obligations.
- Ensured each subcontractor/supplier carried any learning from the project into their regular business operations providing a safe, higher quality and more profitable business legacy long-term for local communities.
- BC developed a number of effective construction methodologies to suit each in-situ foundation condition – streamlining the scoping process for the client and enabling the superintendent to make accurate cost projections for each work site.
- Developed an alternative pavement design saving time and money on gravel re-sheeting scope.
- Provided an additional engineering resource to assist the client with defect scoping and QA administration.
Zero Loss Time Injuries recorded
PC achieved ahead of time and under budget – Repeat works ongoing with the Council due to superior performance and consistently successful outcomes.