Part of the major infrastructure agreement between Santos and Maranoa Regional Council included the reconstruction of 14 km of Mt Saltbush Road in Roma, Queensland. Decmil Engineering contracted Brown Contractors for the stabilisation of 14 km of the existing road pavement, top-up overlay, 2 coat seal, major culvert and floodway construction, batter stabilisation (shotcrete) and traffic control services.
- Major floodway construction including temporary road diversion implementation
- Construction of concrete batters to erosive road batters
- Service identification and relocation
- Mechanical mixing of insitu material
- Pavement cartage and installation in accordance to MRTS specifications
- Bulk earthworks – including deep road cuts (4.5 m) and establishment of new drainage channels
- Responsible for managing the ongoing safety and efficiency of all vehicle movement along the road during the
project. The adoption of an all-embracing Traffic Management Plan ensured that the safety of motorists and
our project team - a constant priority.
- Extensive engagement with major transport groups and local landowners to maximise awareness of potential
delays among regular road users.
This project is on track for successful delivery, on time and under budget.
- Complex traffic management planning to ensure optimum work crew efficiency
- Tight construction programme
- Water supply and spoil disposal coordination
Utilising significant past project experience, Brown Contractors developed a number of innovative construction staging solutions that drastically improved work crew optimisation, increasing construction productivities and subsequently reduced client time based overheads.